1. What employers can offer Skills4Industry depends on the nature and size of their organization and the complexity of the work they do. Skills4Industry helps employers and schools in considering how the work experience they provide is linked to students’ work in school.
2. Skills4Industry program is efficient and effective. Anything less will be counter-productive for both the students and employers. As a result, Skills4Industry work with employers to consider:
· how much time and resources – both human and financial – can be devoted to the program;
- which departments, posts, and tasks are suitable;
- the health, safety, and welfare implications;
- how long it will take students to understand the task or tasks involved; and
- when students’ placements will cause the least disruption to the normal routine.
If a work experience placement is to be worthwhile it must be well-planned. The more planned the activity with follow-up by teachers, the more likely it is that students will benefit from the time they spend in a placement. Initial time spent on planning placements is an investment, as it reduces the time which needs to be spent planning subsequent placements. This is one of the reasons employers like you rely on Skills4Industry.